Difference: MdcReadoutupgrademeeting (1 vs. 45)

Revision 45
Changes from r43 to r45
Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="DaqUpgradeMDCOverview"

Weekly meeting on MDC readout upgrade

Changed:
<
<
-- BurkhardKolb - 01 Sep 2009
>
>
-- BurkhardKolb - 08 Sep 2009
 

Participants:

Changed:
<
<
BurkhardKolb, JanMichel, JoernWuestenfeld, KathrinGoebel
>
>
BurkhardKolb, JanMichel, JoernWuestenfeld, KathrinGoebel, MichaelTraxler, SergeyYurevich
 

Kathrins report

  • see pdf with measurements 1 to 8 boards.
Line: 19 to 20
 
  • 1 MHz with function generator - some noise data were collected with varying threshold
  • check with analog out for crosstalk/induced noise
  • many CTS cables are produced (except for sector 1)
Added:
>
>
  • measurements with simulated CTS were made see here
 

Jans report

Added:
>
>
  • ethernet is not working on the hub (long packets)
 
  • all OEP Voltages were measured by the internal ADCs
  • look good with some exceptions were tuning/calibration of the ADC is required ( voltage divider).
Line: 172 to 175
 
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Dataword Occ Detail, 14.08.2009, work in progress" date="1250591409" name="overview_occ_140809_zoom.pdf" path="overview_occ_140809_zoom.pdf" size="6136" user="KathrinGoebel" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Occ measurents 2009-08-25" date="1251197783" name="PresentationOcc2009-08-25.pdf" path="PresentationOcc2009-08-25.pdf" size="219954" user="KathrinGoebel" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="voltages for occ measurements" date="1251197809" name="voltages_200908211552.txt" path="voltages_200908211552.txt" size="2294" user="KathrinGoebel" version="1.1"
Added:
>
>
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Update on Presentation Occ 2009-08-25" date="1252407227" name="PresentationOcc2009-09-08.pdf" path="PresentationOcc2009-09-08.pdf" size="866087" user="KathrinGoebel" version="1.1"
Revision 43
Changes from r41 to r43
Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="DaqUpgradeMDCOverview"

Weekly meeting on MDC readout upgrade

Changed:
<
<
-- BurkhardKolb - 18 Aug 2009
>
>
-- BurkhardKolb - 01 Sep 2009
 

Participants:

Changed:
<
<
BurkhardKolb, JanMichel, JoernWuestenfeld, AttilioTarantola, SergeyYurevich, MichaelTraxler
>
>
BurkhardKolb, JanMichel, JoernWuestenfeld, KathrinGoebel

Kathrins report

  • see pdf with measurements 1 to 8 boards.
  • one noisy board (b) was found
  • the other boards were all below 1 permille when adjusting the thresholds to about 50 (no individual tuning)
  • looks good
  • still needed is the CTS measurement
  • report to Christian and decision!
  • one new CTS cable at plane 3 sector 4 right side
  • 1 MHz with function generator - some noise data were collected with varying threshold
  • check with analog out for crosstalk/induced noise
  • many CTS cables are produced (except for sector 1)

Jans report

  • all OEP Voltages were measured by the internal ADCs
  • look good with some exceptions were tuning/calibration of the ADC is required ( voltage divider).
 

Current measurements

Revision 41
Changes from r39 to r41
Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="DaqUpgradeMDCOverview"

Weekly meeting on MDC readout upgrade

Changed:
<
<
-- BurkhardKolb - 11 Aug 2009
>
>
-- BurkhardKolb - 18 Aug 2009
 

Participants:

Changed:
<
<
BurkhardKolb, JanMichel, JoernWuestenfeld, AttilioTarantola, MichaelTraxler, JoachimStroth
>
>
BurkhardKolb, JanMichel, JoernWuestenfeld, AttilioTarantola, SergeyYurevich, MichaelTraxler
 

Current measurements

  • see first measurements here: MdcAddonCooperation
  • proposal to make test with pulser firing all (or half of all) channels, then increase rate from 1 to 20 kHz (with reasonable thresholds)
  • check rise of current (should stay below 1 A for long MBO)
Added:
>
>
  • last OEP design leaves uninitialzed MBO at low current
  • there are doubts that the threshold setting worked, has to be checked with proper init file script.
 

Voltage distribution board/ Fanpw2

  • first board exists and is tested by Torsten
  • changing return currents ( from 5V) influence ground for 3+-3V on daughterboards because they are unregulated on the OEP
    • solution 1: new OEP with regulation for +-3 V (problem: neg low power LDOs not available)
    • solution 2 (favoured): common ground cable: make test with massive copper ground cable
Added:
>
>
  • Fanpw3 will be done ( 3 months )
 

latest tests in the cave

Changed:
<
<
  • with 4 OEPBs
>
>
  • with 8 OEPBs and daq was done successfully
 

Unpacker

  • work has started including init from DB
Line: 29 to 33
 
Added:
>
>
  • done
 

Topics

  • It works - but
Line: 150 to 155
 
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Event dump with 8 OEP's" date="1250586639" name="event_oep.txt" path="event_oep.txt" size="709" user="JoernWuestenfeld" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Dataword Occ, 14.08.2009, work in progress" date="1250591387" name="overview_occ_140809.pdf" path="overview_occ_140809.pdf" size="6231" user="KathrinGoebel" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Dataword Occ Detail, 14.08.2009, work in progress" date="1250591409" name="overview_occ_140809_zoom.pdf" path="overview_occ_140809_zoom.pdf" size="6136" user="KathrinGoebel" version="1.1"
Added:
>
>
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Occ measurents 2009-08-25" date="1251197783" name="PresentationOcc2009-08-25.pdf" path="PresentationOcc2009-08-25.pdf" size="219954" user="KathrinGoebel" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="voltages for occ measurements" date="1251197809" name="voltages_200908211552.txt" path="voltages_200908211552.txt" size="2294" user="KathrinGoebel" version="1.1"
Revision 39
Changes from r37 to r39
Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="DaqUpgradeMDCOverview"

Weekly meeting on MDC readout upgrade

Line: 147 to 147
 
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Mail from Sergey" date="1249368342" name="MDC_DAQ_txt" path="MDC_DAQ_txt" size="1427" user="JoernWuestenfeld" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Noise picture from one MBO" date="1250576029" name="noise_213_thr30.pdf" path="noise_213_thr30.pdf" size="13463" user="JoernWuestenfeld" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Noise picture from 8 MBO's" date="1250576052" name="noise_213-216313314_thr30.pdf" path="noise_213-216+313+314_thr30.pdf" size="13534" user="JoernWuestenfeld" version="1.1"
Added:
>
>
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Event dump with 8 OEP's" date="1250586639" name="event_oep.txt" path="event_oep.txt" size="709" user="JoernWuestenfeld" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Dataword Occ, 14.08.2009, work in progress" date="1250591387" name="overview_occ_140809.pdf" path="overview_occ_140809.pdf" size="6231" user="KathrinGoebel" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Dataword Occ Detail, 14.08.2009, work in progress" date="1250591409" name="overview_occ_140809_zoom.pdf" path="overview_occ_140809_zoom.pdf" size="6136" user="KathrinGoebel" version="1.1"
Revision 37
Changes from r35 to r37
Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="DaqUpgradeMDCOverview"

Weekly meeting on MDC readout upgrade

Changed:
<
<
-- BurkhardKolb - 04 Aug 2009
>
>
-- BurkhardKolb - 11 Aug 2009
 

Participants:

Changed:
<
<
BurkhardKolb, JanMichel, JoernWuestenfeld, LotharNaumann, AttilioTarantola, MichaelTraxler
>
>
BurkhardKolb, JanMichel, JoernWuestenfeld, AttilioTarantola, MichaelTraxler, JoachimStroth
 

Current measurements

Line: 15 to 15
 

Voltage distribution board/ Fanpw2

  • first board exists and is tested by Torsten
Added:
>
>
  • changing return currents ( from 5V) influence ground for 3+-3V on daughterboards because they are unregulated on the OEP
    • solution 1: new OEP with regulation for +-3 V (problem: neg low power LDOs not available)
    • solution 2 (favoured): common ground cable: make test with massive copper ground cable
 
Changed:
<
<

next tests in the cave

>
>

latest tests in the cave

 
  • with 4 OEPBs

Unpacker

Line: 142 to 145
 
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="noise on analog readout during readout" date="1245151196" name="qfile_010.tif" path="qfile_010.tif" size="13043" user="BurkhardKolb" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="noise on analog readout during readout" date="1245151230" name="qfile_011.tif" path="qfile_011.tif" size="15714" user="BurkhardKolb" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Mail from Sergey" date="1249368342" name="MDC_DAQ_txt" path="MDC_DAQ_txt" size="1427" user="JoernWuestenfeld" version="1.1"
Added:
>
>
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Noise picture from one MBO" date="1250576029" name="noise_213_thr30.pdf" path="noise_213_thr30.pdf" size="13463" user="JoernWuestenfeld" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Noise picture from 8 MBO's" date="1250576052" name="noise_213-216313314_thr30.pdf" path="noise_213-216+313+314_thr30.pdf" size="13534" user="JoernWuestenfeld" version="1.1"
Revision 35
Changes from r33 to r35
Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="DaqUpgradeMDCOverview"

Weekly meeting on MDC readout upgrade

Changed:
<
<
-- BurkhardKolb - 21 July 2009
>
>
-- BurkhardKolb - 04 Aug 2009
 

Participants:

BurkhardKolb, JanMichel, JoernWuestenfeld, LotharNaumann, AttilioTarantola, MichaelTraxler
Added:
>
>

Current measurements

  • see first measurements here: MdcAddonCooperation
  • proposal to make test with pulser firing all (or half of all) channels, then increase rate from 1 to 20 kHz (with reasonable thresholds)
  • check rise of current (should stay below 1 A for long MBO)

Voltage distribution board/ Fanpw2

  • first board exists and is tested by Torsten

next tests in the cave

  • with 4 OEPBs
 

Unpacker

  • work has started including init from DB
  • Joern will come to GSI mid July to work with Ilse and Attilio
  • link to DataStructure
  • link to OEPNetworkAddresses
  • Michael will provide perl script for daq-anal, sniff, decode...
Added:
>
>
 

Topics

  • It works - but
Line: 88 to 100
 
  • sometimes empty events with some wordcount are sent
  • problem seems to be in sending part
  • has to be solved until next week
Added:
>
>
  • solved
 

How to load thresholds and firmware

  • manipulate threshold in Oracle, output to files
Line: 128 to 141
 
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="noise on analog readout during readout" date="1245151161" name="qfile_009.tif" path="qfile_009.tif" size="14428" user="BurkhardKolb" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="noise on analog readout during readout" date="1245151196" name="qfile_010.tif" path="qfile_010.tif" size="13043" user="BurkhardKolb" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="noise on analog readout during readout" date="1245151230" name="qfile_011.tif" path="qfile_011.tif" size="15714" user="BurkhardKolb" version="1.1"
Added:
>
>
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Mail from Sergey" date="1249368342" name="MDC_DAQ_txt" path="MDC_DAQ_txt" size="1427" user="JoernWuestenfeld" version="1.1"
Revision 33
Changes from r31 to r33
Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="DaqUpgradeMDCOverview"

Weekly meeting on MDC readout upgrade

Changed:
<
<
-- BurkhardKolb - 30 June 2009
>
>
-- BurkhardKolb - 21 July 2009
 

Participants:

Changed:
<
<
BurkhardKolb, JanMichel, JoernWuestenfeld, ChristianMuentz, AttilioTarantola, JerzyPietraszko
>
>
BurkhardKolb, JanMichel, JoernWuestenfeld, LotharNaumann, AttilioTarantola, MichaelTraxler
 

Unpacker

Deleted:
<
<
  • question from Christian: Status if the unpacker (to Joern), to be used for the data taken (in future) in the cave. Merci from Strasburg....
 
Added:
>
>
  • Michael will provide perl script for daq-anal, sniff, decode...
 

Topics

  • It works - but
Line: 84 to 83
 
  • agreement was reached on the possibility to switch between two different compression formats for debugging
  • work starts now (SY) to get it in standard readout to HLD-files
Added:
>
>

New transmission problem 21. July

  • Attilio reworked the FPGA code to support debugging
  • sometimes empty events with some wordcount are sent
  • problem seems to be in sending part
  • has to be solved until next week
 

How to load thresholds and firmware

  • manipulate threshold in Oracle, output to files
  • automatic load via TRBnet to TDCs
Revision 31
Changes from r29 to r31
Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="DaqUpgradeMDCOverview"

Weekly meeting on MDC readout upgrade

Changed:
<
<
-- BurkhardKolb - 23 June 2009
>
>
-- BurkhardKolb - 30 June 2009
 

Participants:

BurkhardKolb, JanMichel, JoernWuestenfeld,
Changed:
<
<
JerzyPietraszko, SergeyYurevich, ChristianMuentz, KathrinGoebel, AttilioTarantola, MichaelTraxler, HerbertStroebele
>
>
ChristianMuentz, AttilioTarantola, JerzyPietraszko
 

Unpacker

  • question from Christian: Status if the unpacker (to Joern), to be used for the data taken (in future) in the cave. Merci from Strasburg....
  • work has started including init from DB
  • Joern will come to GSI mid July towork with Ilse and Attilio
Added:
>
>
 

Topics

  • It works - but
Line: 70 to 70
 
    • still bit errors in media interface, sometimes dependend on recompilation of design, sometimes intermittent in time.
  • patched TRB needed
  • power distribution board to be tested (Kathrin) (5V, +-3V, 1.4V, 3.5V)
Added:
>
>
  • power now supplied by Genesys power supplies
 
  • test in cave with CMS needed for general green light
Added:
>
>
  • LVDS CMS signal cabled up
  • cross talk can be seen up to a distance of about 5mm
  • watch out during cabling!!!
  • needs now realistic cabling with more MBOs
 
  • test in cave with 1 MBO and 1 OEPB was done, see pictures of noise TestsinCave
  • qfile_009.tif: noise on analog readout during readout
  • qfile_010.tif: noise on analog readout during readout
Revision 29
Changes from r27 to r29
Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="DaqUpgradeMDCOverview"

Weekly meeting on MDC readout upgrade

Changed:
<
<
-- BurkhardKolb - 16 June 2009
>
>
-- BurkhardKolb - 23 June 2009
 

Participants:

Changed:
<
<
BurkhardKolb, JanMichel, JerzyPietraszko, KathrinGoebel, AttilioTarantola, MichaelTraxler
>
>
BurkhardKolb, JanMichel, JoernWuestenfeld, JerzyPietraszko, SergeyYurevich, ChristianMuentz, KathrinGoebel, AttilioTarantola, MichaelTraxler, HerbertStroebele
 
Changed:
<
<

A.O.B.

>
>

Unpacker

 
  • question from Christian: Status if the unpacker (to Joern), to be used for the data taken (in future) in the cave. Merci from Strasburg....
Added:
>
>
  • work has started including init from DB
  • Joern will come to GSI mid July towork with Ilse and Attilio
 

Topics

  • It works - but
Line: 66 to 70
 
    • still bit errors in media interface, sometimes dependend on recompilation of design, sometimes intermittent in time.
  • patched TRB needed
  • power distribution board to be tested (Kathrin) (5V, +-3V, 1.4V, 3.5V)
Changed:
<
<
  • test in cave with CTS needed for general green light
  • test in cave with 1 MBO and 1 OEPB was done, see pictures of noise
>
>
  • test in cave with CMS needed for general green light
  • test in cave with 1 MBO and 1 OEPB was done, see pictures of noise TestsinCave
 
  • qfile_009.tif: noise on analog readout during readout
  • qfile_010.tif: noise on analog readout during readout
  • qfile_011.tif: noise on analog readout during readout
  • readout test was running whole night through
  • agreement was reached on the possibility to switch between two different compression formats for debugging
Added:
>
>
  • work starts now (SY) to get it in standard readout to HLD-files

How to load thresholds and firmware

  • manipulate threshold in Oracle, output to files
  • automatic load via TRBnet to TDCs
  • take threshold data from FPGA after update and insert into data stream?
 

efficiency measurements at FZD

Revision 27
Changes from r25 to r27
Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="DaqUpgradeMDCOverview"

Weekly meeting on MDC readout upgrade

Changed:
<
<
-- BurkhardKolb - 09 June 2009
>
>
-- BurkhardKolb - 16 June 2009
 

Participants:

Changed:
<
<
BurkhardKolb, ChristianMuentz, JanMichel,
>
>
BurkhardKolb, JanMichel, JerzyPietraszko,
  KathrinGoebel, AttilioTarantola, MichaelTraxler
Added:
>
>

A.O.B.

  • question from Christian: Status if the unpacker (to Joern), to be used for the data taken (in future) in the cave. Merci from Strasburg....
 

Topics

  • It works - but
  • transfer too slow (FPGA to TRB?)
Line: 63 to 67
 
  • patched TRB needed
  • power distribution board to be tested (Kathrin) (5V, +-3V, 1.4V, 3.5V)
  • test in cave with CTS needed for general green light
Added:
>
>
  • test in cave with 1 MBO and 1 OEPB was done, see pictures of noise
  • qfile_009.tif: noise on analog readout during readout
  • qfile_010.tif: noise on analog readout during readout
  • qfile_011.tif: noise on analog readout during readout
  • readout test was running whole night through
  • agreement was reached on the possibility to switch between two different compression formats for debugging
 

efficiency measurements at FZD

Line: 95 to 106
 
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Difference in Noise between shielded and unshielded MBO's" date="1240391188" name="noisedifference.jpg" path="noisedifference.jpg" size="25829" user="JoernWuestenfeld" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Comparing absolute Noise distributions" date="1240391213" name="Noise.pdf" path="Noise.pdf" size="15375" user="JoernWuestenfeld" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="MB Shielding" date="1240932594" name="MB-Shielding-FZR.jpg" path="MB-Shielding-FZR.jpg" size="43784" user="ChristianMuentz" version="1.1"
Added:
>
>
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="noise on analog readout during readout" date="1245151161" name="qfile_009.tif" path="qfile_009.tif" size="14428" user="BurkhardKolb" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="noise on analog readout during readout" date="1245151196" name="qfile_010.tif" path="qfile_010.tif" size="13043" user="BurkhardKolb" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="noise on analog readout during readout" date="1245151230" name="qfile_011.tif" path="qfile_011.tif" size="15714" user="BurkhardKolb" version="1.1"
Revision 25
Changes from r23 to r25
Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="DaqUpgradeMDCOverview"

Weekly meeting on MDC readout upgrade

Changed:
<
<
-- BurkhardKolb - 26 May 2009
>
>
-- BurkhardKolb - 09 June 2009
 

Participants:

Changed:
<
<
BurkhardKolb, JoernWuestenfeld, ChristianMuentz, KathrinGoebel, AttilioTarantola, LotharNaumann
>
>
BurkhardKolb, ChristianMuentz, JanMichel, KathrinGoebel, AttilioTarantola, MichaelTraxler
 

Topics

  • It works - but
  • transfer too slow (FPGA to TRB?)
Line: 43 to 43
 
  • better labels needed (Kathrin)

OEP work

Changed:
<
<
  • Attilio reported about bit flips in the FPGA
>
>
  • Attilio reported about bit shifts in the FPGA
 
    • problem with Lattice design software
Changed:
<
<
    • is manufacturer contacted?
>
>
    • is manufacturer contacted? yes
 
    • problem not yet understood
    • comes and goes
Added:
>
>
    • now has disappeared
 
  • one link is now working
    • with data and calibration triggers
Added:
>
>
    • short and long MBO working
    • data file with current data format needed
    • new data format (2 times in 1 32-bit word) not yet
 
  • Jan is working on a 16 link version
Added:
>
>
    • ID info of several OEPs read out on hub
    • 8 links seem to work
    • problems with place and route software when more than 8 ports are used.
    • send problematic design to Lattice for help
    • still bit errors in media interface, sometimes dependend on recompilation of design, sometimes intermittent in time.
  • patched TRB needed
  • power distribution board to be tested (Kathrin) (5V, +-3V, 1.4V, 3.5V)
  • test in cave with CTS needed for general green light
 

efficiency measurements at FZD

Changed:
<
<
  • starts at 1900V (plateaux), not understood yet, maybe gas mixture?
>
>
  • starts at 1900V (plateau), not understood yet, maybe gas mixture?
 
  • try out Argon isobutan mix
  • change gas flow (oxygen?)
  • small gas leaks are fixed, but no significant improvement at 60/40 mix
  • plateau at 1650 with 80/20 mix, see efficiency plateau
  • new measurements with gas flow switched off indicate leakage and contamination (oxygen) when flow is too low
  • He leak detection will be performed again
Changed:
<
<
  • O2 measurements at FZD, manual missing...
  • range of device not clear
  • ask Erwin for settings
  • Delta-F....
>
>
  • O2 measurements at FZD, manual available now
  • electrolyte cell was empty
  • needs new evaluation
 

META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Cell vs. Time1 for layer0" date="1238496587" name="CellvsT1_s2m0l0.jpg" path="CellvsT1_s2m0l0.jpg" size="44684" user="JoernWuestenfeld" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Cell vs. time1 for layer1" date="1238496611" name="CellvsT1_s2m0l1.jpg" path="CellvsT1_s2m0l1.jpg" size="38725" user="JoernWuestenfeld" version="1.1"
Revision 23
Changes from r21 to r23
Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="DaqUpgradeMDCOverview"

Weekly meeting on MDC readout upgrade

Changed:
<
<
-- BurkhardKolb - 19 May 2009
>
>
-- BurkhardKolb - 26 May 2009
 

Participants:

BurkhardKolb, JoernWuestenfeld, ChristianMuentz,
Changed:
<
<
KathrinGoebel
>
>
KathrinGoebel, AttilioTarantola, LotharNaumann
 

Topics

  • It works - but
  • transfer too slow (FPGA to TRB?)
Line: 46 to 46
 
  • Attilio reported about bit flips in the FPGA
    • problem with Lattice design software
    • is manufacturer contacted?
Added:
>
>
    • problem not yet understood
    • comes and goes
  • one link is now working
    • with data and calibration triggers
  • Jan is working on a 16 link version
 

efficiency measurements at FZD

  • starts at 1900V (plateaux), not understood yet, maybe gas mixture?
Line: 55 to 61
 
  • plateau at 1650 with 80/20 mix, see efficiency plateau
  • new measurements with gas flow switched off indicate leakage and contamination (oxygen) when flow is too low
  • He leak detection will be performed again
Added:
>
>
  • O2 measurements at FZD, manual missing...
  • range of device not clear
  • ask Erwin for settings
  • Delta-F....
 

META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Cell vs. Time1 for layer0" date="1238496587" name="CellvsT1_s2m0l0.jpg" path="CellvsT1_s2m0l0.jpg" size="44684" user="JoernWuestenfeld" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Cell vs. time1 for layer1" date="1238496611" name="CellvsT1_s2m0l1.jpg" path="CellvsT1_s2m0l1.jpg" size="38725" user="JoernWuestenfeld" version="1.1"
Revision 21
Changes from r19 to r21
Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="DaqUpgradeMDCOverview"

Weekly meeting on MDC readout upgrade

Changed:
<
<
-- BurkhardKolb - 21 Apr 2009
>
>
-- BurkhardKolb - 19 May 2009
 

Participants:

BurkhardKolb, JoernWuestenfeld, ChristianMuentz,
Changed:
<
<
AttilioTarantola, LotharNaumann, MichaelTraxler, WolfgangKoenig, JerzyPietraszko
>
>
KathrinGoebel
 

Topics

  • It works - but
  • transfer too slow (FPGA to TRB?)
Line: 28 to 27
 
  • new tests with pulser LVL1 up to 1MHz
  • high threshold with EB up to 20kHz - maybe the network with 10Mbits is the problem...
  • shielding - not clear if efficient, new residual plots needed
Added:
>
>
    • see FZR results (added by CM)
    • my (CM) interpretation of the recent results: NO significant change of the noise level, i cannot recommend to install these additional shieldings, also due to the unclear influence of the HV current, reported by Jörn.
 
  • charging up has to be investigated

decision on priority was taken

Line: 41 to 42
 
  • new cable type for Common Stop needed (Michael)
  • better labels needed (Kathrin)
Added:
>
>

OEP work

  • Attilio reported about bit flips in the FPGA
    • problem with Lattice design software
    • is manufacturer contacted?
 

efficiency measurements at FZD

  • starts at 1900V (plateaux), not understood yet, maybe gas mixture?
  • try out Argon isobutan mix
Line: 66 to 72
 
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="gas dependency plot" date="1240311028" name="gasdep.jpg" path="gasdep.jpg" size="31902" user="JoernWuestenfeld" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Difference in Noise between shielded and unshielded MBO's" date="1240391188" name="noisedifference.jpg" path="noisedifference.jpg" size="25829" user="JoernWuestenfeld" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Comparing absolute Noise distributions" date="1240391213" name="Noise.pdf" path="Noise.pdf" size="15375" user="JoernWuestenfeld" version="1.1"
Added:
>
>
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="MB Shielding" date="1240932594" name="MB-Shielding-FZR.jpg" path="MB-Shielding-FZR.jpg" size="43784" user="ChristianMuentz" version="1.1"
Revision 19
Changes from r17 to r19
Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="DaqUpgradeMDCOverview"

Weekly meeting on MDC readout upgrade

Changed:
<
<
-- BurkhardKolb - 07 Apr 2009
>
>
-- BurkhardKolb - 21 Apr 2009
 

Participants:

Changed:
<
<
BurkhardKolb, JoernWuestenfeld, KathrinGoebel
>
>
BurkhardKolb, JoernWuestenfeld, ChristianMuentz, AttilioTarantola, LotharNaumann, MichaelTraxler, WolfgangKoenig, JerzyPietraszko
 

Topics

  • It works - but
  • transfer too slow (FPGA to TRB?)
Line: 25 to 27
 
  • Make tests with pulser to measure electronics efficiency
  • new tests with pulser LVL1 up to 1MHz
  • high threshold with EB up to 20kHz - maybe the network with 10Mbits is the problem...
Added:
>
>
  • shielding - not clear if efficient, new residual plots needed
  • charging up has to be investigated
 

decision on priority was taken

  • priority
Line: 43 to 47
 
  • change gas flow (oxygen?)
  • small gas leaks are fixed, but no significant improvement at 60/40 mix
  • plateau at 1650 with 80/20 mix, see efficiency plateau
Changed:
<
<
>
>
  • new measurements with gas flow switched off indicate leakage and contamination (oxygen) when flow is too low
  • He leak detection will be performed again
 

META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Cell vs. Time1 for layer0" date="1238496587" name="CellvsT1_s2m0l0.jpg" path="CellvsT1_s2m0l0.jpg" size="44684" user="JoernWuestenfeld" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Cell vs. time1 for layer1" date="1238496611" name="CellvsT1_s2m0l1.jpg" path="CellvsT1_s2m0l1.jpg" size="38725" user="JoernWuestenfeld" version="1.1"
Line: 59 to 64
 
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Ar/isobuthan dependend working characteristics" date="1240294630" name="streamer_tubes_nima_1982_Seite_04_a.jpg" path="streamer_tubes_nima_1982_Seite_04_a.jpg" size="63312" user="LotharNaumann" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="# of cluster He/Isob Ar/Isob" date="1240306828" name="MdcGas.jpg" path="MdcGas.jpg" size="97330" user="ChristianMuentz" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="gas dependency plot" date="1240311028" name="gasdep.jpg" path="gasdep.jpg" size="31902" user="JoernWuestenfeld" version="1.1"
Added:
>
>
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Difference in Noise between shielded and unshielded MBO's" date="1240391188" name="noisedifference.jpg" path="noisedifference.jpg" size="25829" user="JoernWuestenfeld" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Comparing absolute Noise distributions" date="1240391213" name="Noise.pdf" path="Noise.pdf" size="15375" user="JoernWuestenfeld" version="1.1"
Revision 17
Changes from r15 to r17
Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="DaqUpgradeMDCOverview"

Weekly meeting on MDC readout upgrade

Line: 57 to 57
 
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Efficency normalized to coincidence countrate and fitted with fermi function" date="1240210853" name="Normalized.jpg" path="Normalized.jpg" size="48024" user="JoernWuestenfeld" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="MDC dataword comparison SAM -> OEP" date="1240231791" name="MDC-TRB-dataword01.pdf" path="MDC-TRB-dataword01.pdf" size="24277" user="JoernWuestenfeld" version="1.2"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Ar/isobuthan dependend working characteristics" date="1240294630" name="streamer_tubes_nima_1982_Seite_04_a.jpg" path="streamer_tubes_nima_1982_Seite_04_a.jpg" size="63312" user="LotharNaumann" version="1.1"
Added:
>
>
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="# of cluster He/Isob Ar/Isob" date="1240306828" name="MdcGas.jpg" path="MdcGas.jpg" size="97330" user="ChristianMuentz" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="gas dependency plot" date="1240311028" name="gasdep.jpg" path="gasdep.jpg" size="31902" user="JoernWuestenfeld" version="1.1"
Revision 15
Changes from r13 to r15
Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="DaqUpgradeMDCOverview"

Weekly meeting on MDC readout upgrade

Line: 55 to 55
 
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Plateau curve of efficency" date="1239109215" name="efficencyPlateau.jpg" path="efficencyPlateau.jpg" size="31896" user="JoernWuestenfeld" version="1.3"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Efficency of variouse gas mixtures and flows" date="1240210816" name="Efficency.jpg" path="Efficency.jpg" size="37357" user="JoernWuestenfeld" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Efficency normalized to coincidence countrate and fitted with fermi function" date="1240210853" name="Normalized.jpg" path="Normalized.jpg" size="48024" user="JoernWuestenfeld" version="1.1"
Changed:
<
<
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="MDC dataword comparison SAM -> OEP" date="1240225574" name="MDC-TRB-dataword01.pdf" path="MDC-TRB-dataword01.pdf" size="24271" user="JoernWuestenfeld" version="1.1"
>
>
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="MDC dataword comparison SAM -> OEP" date="1240231791" name="MDC-TRB-dataword01.pdf" path="MDC-TRB-dataword01.pdf" size="24277" user="JoernWuestenfeld" version="1.2"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Ar/isobuthan dependend working characteristics" date="1240294630" name="streamer_tubes_nima_1982_Seite_04_a.jpg" path="streamer_tubes_nima_1982_Seite_04_a.jpg" size="63312" user="LotharNaumann" version="1.1"
Revision 13
Changes from r11 to r13
Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="DaqUpgradeMDCOverview"

Weekly meeting on MDC readout upgrade

Line: 53 to 53
 
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Cell vs. time1 for layer5" date="1238496699" name="CellvsT1_s2m0l5.jpg" path="CellvsT1_s2m0l5.jpg" size="47246" user="JoernWuestenfeld" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Compairing noise situation with and without MBO shielding." date="1239000335" name="NoiseComparison.pdf" path="NoiseComparison.pdf" size="107971" user="JoernWuestenfeld" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Plateau curve of efficency" date="1239109215" name="efficencyPlateau.jpg" path="efficencyPlateau.jpg" size="31896" user="JoernWuestenfeld" version="1.3"
Added:
>
>
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Efficency of variouse gas mixtures and flows" date="1240210816" name="Efficency.jpg" path="Efficency.jpg" size="37357" user="JoernWuestenfeld" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Efficency normalized to coincidence countrate and fitted with fermi function" date="1240210853" name="Normalized.jpg" path="Normalized.jpg" size="48024" user="JoernWuestenfeld" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="MDC dataword comparison SAM -> OEP" date="1240225574" name="MDC-TRB-dataword01.pdf" path="MDC-TRB-dataword01.pdf" size="24271" user="JoernWuestenfeld" version="1.1"
Revision 11
Changes from r9 to r11
Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="DaqUpgradeMDCOverview"

Weekly meeting on MDC readout upgrade

Changed:
<
<
-- BurkhardKolb - 31 Mar 2009
>
>
-- BurkhardKolb - 07 Apr 2009
 

Participants:

Changed:
<
<
BurkhardKolb, JoernWuestenfeld, ChristianMuentz, LotharNaumann, KathrinGoebel
>
>
BurkhardKolb, JoernWuestenfeld, KathrinGoebel
 

Topics

  • It works - but
  • transfer too slow (FPGA to TRB?)
Line: 23 to 23
 
    • reset hit registers to early?
    • data ok?
  • Make tests with pulser to measure electronics efficiency
Added:
>
>
  • new tests with pulser LVL1 up to 1MHz
  • high threshold with EB up to 20kHz - maybe the network with 10Mbits is the problem...
 

decision on priority was taken

  • priority
Line: 39 to 41
 
  • starts at 1900V (plateaux), not understood yet, maybe gas mixture?
  • try out Argon isobutan mix
  • change gas flow (oxygen?)
Added:
>
>
  • small gas leaks are fixed, but no significant improvement at 60/40 mix
  • plateau at 1650 with 80/20 mix, see efficiency plateau
 

META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Cell vs. Time1 for layer0" date="1238496587" name="CellvsT1_s2m0l0.jpg" path="CellvsT1_s2m0l0.jpg" size="44684" user="JoernWuestenfeld" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Cell vs. time1 for layer1" date="1238496611" name="CellvsT1_s2m0l1.jpg" path="CellvsT1_s2m0l1.jpg" size="38725" user="JoernWuestenfeld" version="1.1"
Line: 47 to 52
 
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Cell vs. time1 for layer4" date="1238496679" name="CellvsT1_s2m0l4.jpg" path="CellvsT1_s2m0l4.jpg" size="43772" user="JoernWuestenfeld" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Cell vs. time1 for layer5" date="1238496699" name="CellvsT1_s2m0l5.jpg" path="CellvsT1_s2m0l5.jpg" size="47246" user="JoernWuestenfeld" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Compairing noise situation with and without MBO shielding." date="1239000335" name="NoiseComparison.pdf" path="NoiseComparison.pdf" size="107971" user="JoernWuestenfeld" version="1.1"
Changed:
<
<
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Plateau curve of efficency" date="1239100958" name="efficencyPlateau.jpg" path="efficencyPlateau.jpg" size="31915" user="JoernWuestenfeld" version="1.2"
>
>
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Plateau curve of efficency" date="1239109215" name="efficencyPlateau.jpg" path="efficencyPlateau.jpg" size="31896" user="JoernWuestenfeld" version="1.3"
Revision 9
Changes from r7 to r9
Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="DaqUpgradeMDCOverview"

Weekly meeting on MDC readout upgrade

Line: 46 to 46
 
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Cell vs. time1 for layer3" date="1238496658" name="CellvsT1_s2m0l3.jpg" path="CellvsT1_s2m0l3.jpg" size="44601" user="JoernWuestenfeld" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Cell vs. time1 for layer4" date="1238496679" name="CellvsT1_s2m0l4.jpg" path="CellvsT1_s2m0l4.jpg" size="43772" user="JoernWuestenfeld" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Cell vs. time1 for layer5" date="1238496699" name="CellvsT1_s2m0l5.jpg" path="CellvsT1_s2m0l5.jpg" size="47246" user="JoernWuestenfeld" version="1.1"
Added:
>
>
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Compairing noise situation with and without MBO shielding." date="1239000335" name="NoiseComparison.pdf" path="NoiseComparison.pdf" size="107971" user="JoernWuestenfeld" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Plateau curve of efficency" date="1239100958" name="efficencyPlateau.jpg" path="efficencyPlateau.jpg" size="31915" user="JoernWuestenfeld" version="1.2"
Revision 7
Changes from r5 to r7
Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="DaqUpgradeMDCOverview"

Weekly meeting on MDC readout upgrade

Changed:
<
<
-- BurkhardKolb - 24 Mar 2009
>
>
-- BurkhardKolb - 31 Mar 2009
 

Participants:

Changed:
<
<
BurkhardKolb, MichaelTraxler, JoernWuestenfeld, ChristianMuentz, AttilioTarantola, LotharNaumann, JerzyPietraszko, KathrinGoebel
>
>
BurkhardKolb, JoernWuestenfeld, ChristianMuentz, LotharNaumann, KathrinGoebel
 

Topics

  • It works - but
  • transfer too slow (FPGA to TRB?)
    • at GSI it runs with 75kHz
    • what's wrong at FZD?
Added:
>
>
    • no news yet
 
  • edge triggered data reception in FPGA
    • double and triple hits on same address, 0-hits
    • on all MBOs?
Line: 24 to 24
 
    • data ok?
  • Make tests with pulser to measure electronics efficiency
Changed:
<
<

decision on priority in next meeting

>
>

decision on priority was taken

 
  • priority
Changed:
<
<
    • fix all errors on current design
    • switch fast to OEP
>
>
    • 1. switch fast to OEP
    • (fix all errors on current design)
 
Added:
>
>

current work at GSI

  • Sector 4, layer 3 (POFs) and 4 started
  • all cables and POFs should be fixed to chamber, not to supports
  • new cable type for Common Stop needed (Michael)
  • better labels needed (Kathrin)

efficiency measurements at FZD

  • starts at 1900V (plateaux), not understood yet, maybe gas mixture?
  • try out Argon isobutan mix
  • change gas flow (oxygen?)

META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Cell vs. Time1 for layer0" date="1238496587" name="CellvsT1_s2m0l0.jpg" path="CellvsT1_s2m0l0.jpg" size="44684" user="JoernWuestenfeld" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Cell vs. time1 for layer1" date="1238496611" name="CellvsT1_s2m0l1.jpg" path="CellvsT1_s2m0l1.jpg" size="38725" user="JoernWuestenfeld" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Cell vs. time1 for layer 2" date="1238496633" name="CellvsT1_s2m0l2.jpg" path="CellvsT1_s2m0l2.jpg" size="42429" user="JoernWuestenfeld" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Cell vs. time1 for layer3" date="1238496658" name="CellvsT1_s2m0l3.jpg" path="CellvsT1_s2m0l3.jpg" size="44601" user="JoernWuestenfeld" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Cell vs. time1 for layer4" date="1238496679" name="CellvsT1_s2m0l4.jpg" path="CellvsT1_s2m0l4.jpg" size="43772" user="JoernWuestenfeld" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Cell vs. time1 for layer5" date="1238496699" name="CellvsT1_s2m0l5.jpg" path="CellvsT1_s2m0l5.jpg" size="47246" user="JoernWuestenfeld" version="1.1"
Revision 5
Changes from r3 to r5
Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="DaqUpgradeMDCOverview"

Weekly meeting on MDC readout upgrade

Line: 6 to 6
 

Participants:

Changed:
<
<
BurkhardKolb, MichaelTraxler, JoernWuestenfeld, ChristianMuentz
>
>
BurkhardKolb, MichaelTraxler, JoernWuestenfeld, ChristianMuentz, AttilioTarantola, LotharNaumann, JerzyPietraszko, KathrinGoebel
 

Topics

  • It works - but
  • transfer too slow (FPGA to TRB?)
Added:
>
>
    • at GSI it runs with 75kHz
    • what's wrong at FZD?
 
  • edge triggered data reception in FPGA
    • double and triple hits on same address, 0-hits
    • on all MBOs?
Line: 20 to 22
 
  • GDE release during calibration
    • reset hit registers to early?
    • data ok?
Added:
>
>
  • Make tests with pulser to measure electronics efficiency

decision on priority in next meeting

 
  • priority
    • fix all errors on current design
    • switch fast to OEP
Revision 3
Changes from r1 to r3
Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="DaqUpgradeMDCOverview"

Weekly meeting on MDC readout upgrade

Changed:
<
<
-- BurkhardKolb - 23 Mar 2009
>
>
-- BurkhardKolb - 24 Mar 2009
 

Participants:

Line: 15 to 15
 
    • double and triple hits on same address, 0-hits
    • on all MBOs?
    • only on chains of 2 or more MBOs?
Added:
>
>
  • GDE signal derived from trigger, but MBO derived from CMS
    • GDE to late?
  • GDE release during calibration
    • reset hit registers to early?
    • data ok?
 
  • priority
    • fix all errors on current design
    • switch fast to OEP
 
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding Hades Wiki? Send feedback
Imprint (in German)
Privacy Policy (in German)