Current speed: 1000 Event/sec -> goal: 5000 Event/sec
check waitstates ->
- speed the application with empty loop (it means no access to memory/max speed 22.344289 MB/s
- speed with access to the memory, but ONLY access - 15.826909 MB/s
- access with copy data to the local variable - 13.464673 MB/s
- access with copy data to the structure variable(un_long*)(8 var. in the str.) - 0.497151 MB/s
- access with copy data to the local variable and use var. from the structure - 10.205232 MB/s
Readout proccess - sensitive points
- read the memory & put data into the application-memory,
- from the application-memory into the shared memory,
- from the shared memory into the net.
Measurements of time LVL1_busy (in FPGA)
When there are:
- 11 words per event, then we can achieve 80 kHz with LVL1 trigger,
- 240 words per event then 10kHz (almost every channel fires two times).
There are possible improvements in state machines in FPGA to achieve higher speed.
-- MarekPalka - 30 Jun 2006
- 19 Dec 2005