- The DAQ-Upgrade-projects are on their way
- TRBv2 PCB layout finished / order on the way
- MDC-Add-On: schematics finished and discussed
- Enough people to solve the DAQ-upgrade
- Not enough people/ideas for the Trigger-Upgrades
- Concentrate on readout/data transport tasks (high speed)
- MDC-cluster finder (Attilio and Marek?)
Idea: - For Au+Au use only RICH and MDC for LVL2 trigger
- reduction capability of Meta for LVL2 trigger is not enough
- no new ideas and manpower to have hope here
Tiago, Marek, Radek T., Ingo F., Attilio T.
Jrn W., Michael Bhmer, W. Koenig, Soeren L.
Daniel B., Juan G., Sergey Y.,Camilla, Daniel K.,
Marco, Marcin Kajetanowicz
(+ some who I forgot, sorry!)
- presentation of all active and planned projects necessary for the DAQ-Upgrade
- new activities:
M. Boehmer has interest in building the TRBv2 Add-On for the Rich-Readout
Marcin K. has interest in building a TRBv2 Add-On for the Shower-Readout/IPU.
- lack of manpower has been identified, mainly for LVL2 Trigger issues
no manpower assigned to:
- RICH IPU implementation in FPGA for Rich-Readout Add-On
- MDC cluster search (interest stated by Attilio and Marek)
- Matching Window "refinement": (theta,phi,p) => (delta theta, delta phi)
Window. First: investigation with existing data: what is the benefit?
Second: emulation of this refined algorithm
- emulation for LVL2 trigger extensions
- MDC driver card replacement
- TOF FEE replacement (generate ToT signal for TRBv2, I propose an
(update: 2006-10-31: Roberto Bassini stated interest in such a project)
Talk given by Michael which includes a list of all currently involved people and thier tasks
for the DAQ-Upgrade.