All what is written below should be done on hadesdaq computer.
Button "Blue_Arrow_Down"->"Fast DAQ start"
After a successfull ctu start, the sound "alle parameter..." should be played (if sound server is enabled).
Start data taking
Button "Blue_Arrow_Down"->"EvtBuild Start (Lustre ON)"
Start Event Builder without data taking
Button "Pingu_with_injection"->"EvtBuild Start to /DEV/NULL"
Button "Pingu_with_injection"->"Stop Hades DAQ"
Normally it is not needed, just use "Fast DAQ start"
. Only for threshold setting.
Monitor the DAQ
Button "Blue_Arrow_Down"->"DAQ monitor"
Use only one DAQ monitor! There is no need to stop the daq monitor, it it restarted after a daq start.
If you want to copy some info from monitor to logbook, you should use button "Blue_Arrow_Down"->"DAQ monitor short for the logbook"
Disable the sound alarms with: "Blue_Arrow_Down"->"Clear running sound until next ctustart"
NEVER switch off the sound speaker, the sound is important!
Meaning of the sounds:
- "Alle Parameter...": DAQ is started and should run
- "Schutzschirme brechen zusammen": Permanent busy, have a look to the DAQ monitor, restart the DAQ
- "Automatik unterbrochen": Eventbuilder is running, but no data is written (e.g. spill break?)
Changing file prefix
- Button "Blue_Arrow_Down"->"Change Event Builder Prefix".
- Close Event Builder windows
- Button "Blue_Arrow_Down"->"Fast DAQ start". (Wait until DAQ is restarted)
- Button "Blue_Arrow_Down"->"EvtBuild Start (Lustre ON)"
Where do we write the data?
- Local hard disk: lxhadesdaq:/data/lxhadesdaq/sep08/
- Lustre: /lustre_alpha/hades/beam/sep08/
- Tape archive: hadessep08raw, directory: hld
Links for DAQ/QA operator
- ButWereAfraidToAsk)?topicparent=DaqSlowControl.GeneralDaqOperation" rel="nofollow" title="Create this topic">Everything You Always Wanted to Know About QA Check List (But Were Afraid to Ask)
- Include/exclude subsystems: lxhadesdaq:/home/hadaq/apr07/oper/subsystems_for_daq
- Change water marks: lxhadesdaq:/home/hadaq/apr07/oper/eb_netmem.conf
- Writing to disk/lustre/tape: lxhadesdaq:/home/hadaq/apr07/oper/eb_netmem.conf
You can always find the used arguments in lxhadesdaq:/home/hadaq/apr07/oper/start_eb.sh
- 25 Sep 2008