MDC Upgrade - the final phase
The first meeting of this working period will take place on Monday, 4.1.2010 at 10 a.m. in the upper counting house.
Plans & Schedules
The main tasks
- Testing of all chambers
- Cabling of plane 1
- Install missing parts on all chambers (Cables, Optical Connectors, Low-Voltage)
- Monday and later: Christian, Jrn, Gosia, Kathrin, Jan
- Tuesday (about 2 or 3 days): Khaled, Erik, Paul
- Wednesday and later: Tobias
- Second Week: Torsten (wednesday), Erwin, Tingting
Monday (4.1.) should be used to do as much planning as possible so that we can start "working" with all available people on tuesday.
- Find best positions for FanPW on plane 1
- Discuss the list of needed tests for each chamber. I prepared some tables in the wiki: TestLogBook
- Start testing
On Tuesday, Khaled, Erik and Paul will join us.
- Prepare all cables for plane 1
- mount optical connectors to all accessible sectors
- prepare one optical connector to simplify test setups
Other work that can be done by us with the help of the Werkstudenten if no MDC-work is available:
- place optical cables along mainframe
- finish cleaning up of piles of unsorted cables in the back part of the cave
- help Andreas building holding structures for TRB-stacks
- help Torsten laying LV-power cables
- we have two MDC AddOns and three FanPW available. This is two complete test setups to test two chamber independently in parallel.
- two people should work together in testing one chamber
- Besides cabling of plane 1, in-depth testing of all chambers has priority!
These pages have to be maintained!
- OEP: Box with all tested OEP (around 430 boards in total) is available in the cave
- FanPW: Rest of 28 boards should arrive end of next week, then have to be tested and adjusted - available around middle of the month
- MDC AddOn: New MDC board design is on its ways - boards are most likely available end of March / start of April
- Hub2: (used to connect several MDC boards to CTS): Boards will be sent back to producer for some reworks to be done. Should be available in 2 weeks.
- CTS: Central trigger system - I didn't hear any news from Mareks design during the last month.
- 01 Jan 2010